Driving
For those who drive to work everyday, it is normal to see some vehicles on the road ‘behave’ wrongly. For example, driving into the adjacent lane unintentionally, emergency brake, or driving slow on the fast lane.
The usual reaction we get from seeing these is normally cursing, scolding, complaining or even challenging the drivers. In such incidents, the bad drivers were always the one at fault.
Sometimes I drive like one of those drivers. Sometimes I blamed myself for not paying attention to the road after I almost knocked on someone’s car. I think many of us who has been driving on the road for years are one of those drivers too. Not trying to defend myself but I would say ‘conducting such crimes’ are not something that can be avoided, and don't deserved 'ultimate cursing and swearing'.
During my first own driving experience, I can remember my concentration on the front, back and the side were so tense that after each driving session I was so tired that lying on the bed is the only thing that I want to do. After years of driving on the same road and get myself used to the driving pattern on the road, I find my mind always switch into the ‘auto-pilot’ mode and the other half of it is acting freely to think of the works to do, plans after works, or clothes to wear the next day’.
How many of us, when driving, can concentrate hundred percent and not think of other things, especially after so many daily driving routine? I don’t there are many that can answer this question with a ‘YES’.
Each time those things happen I always thank God that the driver behind me was driving slowly and be able to stop the tragedy from happening. (Not that it happen many times la)
So I think when we drive and see bad driving examples… don’t curse and swear too soon, but try to drive more carefully. Who knows the drivers in front were just one of us during that ‘auto-pilot’ stage of mind…
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home